Cougars Cycling Club
President: Ron Levich
Vice President: Conrad Kocoj
Tresurers: Tommy Millunchick
Secretary: Jasmine Escobar
Photographer: Kyle Ranallo
Next Ride: Cycling Club this Wednesday after school. Meet at the bike racks in front of the school, we'll go for and hour and a half and we'll even stop for ice cream! Bring a friend, see you there! Make sure to have a parents waiver! (Link Below)
Last year we had a blast with biking to the lake, biking to the bagel shop, biking to LHS, biking around VHHS, and biking all over Vernon Hills! This year (2014/2015) we hope to expand our biking and expand our group! Everyone is welcome, no bike necessary. If you do not have a bike, we have a couple extra that you can borrow, but reservations are first come, first serve. If you have a bike, but need help making it work well, all students get free lessons on how to repair your own bike (for free)!
- Cycling - in small to large groups (indoor, outdoor - mostly bike paths, or sidewalks)
- Annual Chariety Bike Ride (Date & Chariety - TBA)
- Learning basic to advanced bicycle Maintenance
- How to clean a bike, how to change a flat tire, etc.
- Learning basic to advanced bicycle techniques and training
- Students will learn valuable knowledge about position, handling, and effects of proper training.
- Learning and promoting safety on the road
- The students will learn how to safely travel while cycling and “bike friendly” roads and sidewalks.
- Promoting cycling awareness and advocacy
- Being active in promoting cycling in our community.
- Offer a teach young children how to bike clinic(s)