News and Announcements
AUG-25 - Team Time Trial
Our team time trial will take place at 4:45 PM today at Deerpath Park. The girls will run first at approximately 4:15 PM. Since Freshman Athletic Orientation begins at 6:00 PM at the school, all freshmen boys will run with the girls at 4:15 PM. About half the team will run the full 3-miles. All other athletes will run 2-miles. Here is the course map.
Also, just a reminder that our team store is open through Friday of this week. Here is the new flyer showing the quote on the T-shirt.
Welcome to the 2015 VHHS Boys' Cross-Country season!
The season begins Wednesday, August 12th with a 9:00 AM practice. We will meet at the northeast entrance to the track. As a reminder, all athletes must have a valid physical on file with the Athletic Office in order to practice. Physicals must be valid through November 7, 2015.
Here are some important dates and events coming up:
- Wednesday, Aug-12; Fall season start date - 9:00 AM
- Thursday, Aug-13; VHHS Freshman Orientation - 8:00 AM, Team Practice at 10:30 AM
- Friday, Aug-14 through Tuesday, Aug-18; practice at 8:00 AM (no practice on Sunday)
- Wednesday, Aug-19: First day of school, Practice at 3:30 PM
- Friday, Aug-21; Fall Sports Picture Day 3:50 PM (Gymnastics Gym); practice to follow
- Saturday, Aug-22; Cross-Country Team-building Event with the VHHS Girls' XC team (Half Day Forest Preserve) - Parent Meeting and family cookout to follow the team-building activity
- Tuesday, Aug-25; team Time Trial (Deerpath Park)
- Thursday, Aug-27; team fundraiser at Potbelly Vernon Hills
- Tuesday, Sep-01; First meet of the season (Sycamore Invitational - Varsity only)
- Wednesday, Sep-02; Lake County Invitational (JV)
Information about the Cross-Country program, team, and season, plus meet results and other important items will be posted on these web-pages. Please take some time to read the following important items in the Team Information section:
- Program Overview
- 2015 Season Booklet
- Meet Schedule
Finally, please sign-up for 'Remind' text messages. This is a one-way text messaging service that we'll use for time sensitive updates and reminders.
To receive messages via text, text: @52e6d1 to 81010. You can opt-out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @52e6d1'.
All athletes and parents should sign-up.
Coach Lueken and I are looking forward to the start of the season and seeing you all soon! In the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of us.
Boys' Track and Field, Cross-Country
Vernon Hills High School